Fine Arts Building, Construction (2)
Murch Morris - 1925
The view of the Fine Arts Building at the corner of Lyon St. and Campau St. shows it during construction and renovation with the exterior of the first two stories completed. A decorative frieze runs around the building just above the second floor. Scaffolding covers the rest of the building, and probably the entire crew of workmen pose for the photo on the various levels. The sign at the top of the scaffolding identifies this as the Fine Arts Building, and the sign just above the work shed at center right identifies Owen, Ames, and Kimball as the contractors as does the sign halfway up the scaffolding. The corner of the building seen at the far left is the rear of the Pantlind Hotel, and two women and a man appear to be waiting there for the photographer to complete his shot.
|Title||Fine Arts Building, Construction (2)|
Title by institution. The Fine Arts Building was later renamed the Exhibitors Building.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids|
|Collection||Morris Photo Coll. #43, Grand Rapids History & Special Collections|
Reproduction and copyright information regarding this image is available from Grand Rapids History & Special Collections, Archives, Grand Rapids Public Library, Grand Rapids, MI
|Institution||Grand Rapids Public Library|
|Physical Storage Location||Grand Rapids, MI|