Churches, Park Congregational and Fountain St. Baptist
Schuyler C. Baldwin - 1880 ca.
Looking southwest, the church at the far left, at the corner of East Park and Park, is First Congregational (now Park Congregational) . The tree covered area to its right is Court House Square, later Fulton St. Park, and today Veterans Park. The roof of the gazebo in the center of the park is visible above the trees. The church at the far right is Fountain St. Baptist Church, at the corner of Fountain and Bostwick. The large Italianate house at the SW corner of Ransom and Fountain (lower left) was the home of Elias Matter of the Nelson, Matter Furniture Co. in 1872. The large house across from the steeple-corner of Park Church was built in 1880-1881 for Darwin D. Cody.
|Title||Churches, Park Congregational and Fountain St. Baptist|
|Creator||Schuyler C. Baldwin|
Title by cataloger.
|Location In Photo||Grand Rapids MI|
|Collection||Thomas R. Dilley|